While a roof cleaning in Venice FL is necessary, you will want to make sure it’s done properly. Leaves and debris from the roof need to be cleared first. Once the roof has been cleared of the leaves and debris, a cleaner solution is added to break the mold and mildew from the shingles. Unlike the hard surfaces on the ground, roofs require a gentler cleaner so we call this a soft wash. This cleaner, or soft wash, helps loosen the mold and mildew. After 15-20 minutes of the soft wash being applied, it is time to rinse the cleaner off.
What are the different roof cleaning materials?
- Some professionals use a mild mixture of Chlorine and water that is sprayed on the roof before allowing the pressure washer at low pressure to do the rest of the work.
- A more environmentally friendly cleaner made from hydrogen peroxide can also be used to clean a shingled roof, but the cost of the product is extremely expensive making the job of roof cleaning in Venice FL very costly. Therefore, most professionals prefer carefully using the light Chlorine mixture.
- While roof cleaning professionals use a pressure washer to apply and rinse the soft wash, it is on a lower setting so as to not harm the roof.
What materials should you NOT use?
When it comes to cleaning the roof you must take care not to use anything that would damage the roof causing it to tear or leak. You would not want to use an abrasive brush or high-powered pressure washer as these can damage your shingles and cause leaks.
A cleaner that you should definitely not use is an acid cleaner that is often used to clean driveways. Therefore, it’s best to leave the pressure washing services in Venice FL to the professionals.
- The Do’s – Do have a look at your roof and determine if it is time for a roof cleaning service. If so, leave it to the professionals.
- The Don’ts – Don’t trust the most expensive and important part of your home to an amateur who may use the wrong cleaners and chance damaging your roof. Make sure you use a professional to do your next pressure washing service in Venice FL.
Think of your roof as your house’s cover of protection. If your protector isn’t protected, then you’re not protected. Keep your roof safe by making sure you use the right product to clean your roof. Make sure that the most expensive part of your house is treated with care. Be sure to use a professional when it comes to cleaning your roof. And have your roof pressure washed every 2-3 years depending on your weather and vegetation surrounding your house. Call for your quote today!